PLEASE NOTE: Commissions are currently full. To hear about openings for late 2022 & 2023, join the art letter.
own a custom & truly Special art piece.
Are you after that truly special watercolour piece? Sally creates dynamic commission art of:
Bird & Wildlife Art
House | People | Pet Portraits
Fashion & Boho Ladies
Nursery Animal Art
Book Cover Designs
Illustrated Children’s Books
PLEASE NOTE: Commissions are currently FULL. Join the Art Letter for updates.
Is there a special art piece you would like created? A portrait of that someone special or delightful fluffy friend?
Your well loved house that you want captured in paint? Do you have a room that needs just the right splash of Sillier Than Sally art?
Sally is excited to be able to offer commissioned paintings to her collectors.
To create custom & unique pieces in her own bright, quirky, energetic watercolour style.
If you are ready to commission a painting by Sally - Please carefully read the entire description below before purchasing a reservation.
Commissions start at $435 (AUD). A lot of extra time, love and correspondence goes into my commissions, so the pricing reflects this.
- Purchase the commission reservation listing below, for $250 deposit. This holds your spot on Sally’s calendar, the residual payment is to be made on completion of art work, pre posting.
- Please Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
The size you would like & orientation.
Please provide 1 to 4 clear photos of what you would like painted.
Provide links to 2 or 3 pieces of your favourite art of Sally’s.
Please let me know your thoughts for your commission piece. Give me all the juicy details.
Colours you love?
Colours you would prefer to avoid (if any)?
Specify whether or not this piece can be shown on Instagram during it’s process (or is it a secret for someone?).
- Sally will email through an information contract sheet.
• Within Australia - $20 to $50 depending on size chosen
• Shipping internationally - $35 to $95 depending on size chosen
• An invoice for the residual payment will be sent via Paypal (email) before posting, securely pay by Paypal or credit card.
• There are no refunds on the deposit paid.
- Painting will be packaged up and posted to you 4 to 12 weeks after deposit paid Depending on Sally’s work schedule.
- A rough preliminary sketch will be sent through via email for approval before Sally commences the painting. A finished painting photo will also be sent through for approval before posting, the collector gives approval or minor edits. Any extensive edits (as judged extensive by the artist) beyond that are subject to a 15% additional fee.
- Collector pays residual payment and the painting ships to collector! Woohoo!
OTHER JUICY DETAILS:
Materials: High quality archival watercolour (Daniel Smith watercolours) on Archers 300gsm watercolour paper.
Sally paints: Animals, birds, portraits (people and pets), homes and all in watercolours.
Sally won't paint: Landscapes, cityscapes or exact duplicates of past paintings (though drawing inspiration from them is fine).
OR create a version of someone else’s work OR create a painting in anything other then her own style of energetic, splotchy, watercolours ….please look over her latest Instagram posts or at her Look Book to see her style, colour scheme and themes. If these do not suit you, please do not commission an art piece.
ROUGH PRICE LIST:
Final amount includes the pre paid $250 deposit.
A4 (21x30cm | 8-1/4 x 11-3/4 inches) : $435 (includes deposit. Please add postage if needed)
A3 (30x42cm | 11-3/4 x 16-1/2 inches): $535 (includes deposit. Please add postage if needed)
A2 (42x60cm | 16-1/2 x 23-3/8 inches): $895 (includes deposit. Please add postage if needed)
A4 & A3 art works come professionally mounted on a large & beautiful framers mat board, ready for you to frame.
A2 art comes rolled due to the sixe, to reduce your postage cost.
Please note above is a rough price list only, prices can increase for complex art pieces or portraits of multiple people or animals.
The NITTY GRITTY
Upon approval of quote & theme by both artist & client, a final estimate contract will be sent to the client with an estimated timescale of art completion (usually 4 – 12 weeks). Deposit of $250 to be paid before art to commence.
Providing photos to work from?:
If providing photos for a portrait - a selection of good, clear, close up photos are required. Please provide 2 to 4 high quality photos. The better the photo, the better the art!
I cannot create a portrait from blurry or low quality photos!
I use the highest quality materials to create my original and commissioned art pieces. Daniel Smith watercolours and Archers 300gsm watercolour paper.
Both are as archival as watercolour materials come. But PLEASE do not hang art work in direct sunlight.